Survival is a prevalent gaming genre; there have been so many survival games released over the years that it can sometimes be hard to find a unique one. The Forest came out in 2014 and was the epitome of a unique idea done well — a co-op survival experience in a lush forest where you have to work together to overcome the denizens of the forest. The game was very successful, and the excellent gameplay dynamic prompted Endnight Games to create a sequel — Sons of the Forest. The upcoming game is going to overhaul all of the elements of the previous game while also improving them for a much more appealing experience. The game is set to release in February of 2023, so we are here to give you the latest Sons of the Forest statistics and news to keep you up-to-date on how the game is doing even before release, and we’ll update this with any new information we find after the game releases. If you want to learn more about similar topics, we can tell you everything about the video game industry’s worth!
Sons of the Forest key stats
This first section is going to take a look at some of the news surrounding Sons of the Forest, focusing on relevant statistics that can help us to judge what the hype surrounding the game is like and what we can expect when it eventually releases. Of course, the information we’re able to present here is bound to be limited in some respects, but we shall do our best to update it with every new bit of information that comes out.
Sons of the Forest beat Bethesda’s Starfield for the most wish-listed game on Steam.
(Source: WhyNow, VG247, SteamDB)
- Sons of the Forest has 190,004 followers at the time of writing.
- A large portion of the hype surrounding this game is due to the success of The Forest.
- Starfield has 183,206 followers.
- Sons of the Forest falls under Manor Lords, Hollow Knight: Silksong, and Party Animals when it comes to the number of followers.
The hype for the game was already well-known, but to think that its total number of wishlists would surpass a Bethesda release, now that is something special. Endnight games is not a large studio by any means, and Bethesda is one of the titans of the gaming industry, so Sons of the Forest’s performance here is something that bodes well for the game’s future!
Sons of the Forest has been delayed two times so far.
- The game was initially supposed to be released in May of 2022.
- The developers have admitted that they were too ambitious in their estimates so they elected to push the release to October 2022.
- The game was later pushed back to February 2023 for the final time, with the developers stating that the release date was definite.
- The reason for this delay was the vast scope of the game, making it difficult to complete every aspect of it on time.
Delays are something that happens with many games and how the fanbase reacts to them can vary wildly depending on the game. You have tame reactions that understand that games need to be developed completely, and you have cult communities like r/eldenring that were one Wooper phase away from giving up on gaming forever. However, the delays for Sons of the Forest weren’t that bad since fans understand that this is going to be a massive game and that it’s better to wait a bit longer than to be disappointed with the results.
Sons of the Forest will launch in early access to avoid further delays.
- The developers made a Steam post saying that they wanted to launch the game in early access to get feedback from the community.
- This way, they would avoid any delays and make sure to get the community involved in the development.
- At the time of writing, Endnight Games has made no announcements about delays for the game, which means that it is set to release at the designated time.
We’ve already talked about the delay issues for Sons of the Forest, and it’s important to note that the developers did not delay the game for any reasons other than making sure that it is perfect before release. Of course, the game launching in early access means that there are going to be issues and bugs that need to be resolved before it attains its full glory, but the community was there to help for the first game, and this time is no different.
Sons of the Forest’s map should be 4 times larger than the original game.
(Source: GameRant, Reddit)
- The size of the original game’s map was roughly 1 square kilometer.
- Despite the small size of the map, you could still get lost for hours in the expansive cave system.
- The developers have stated that the sequel’s map is going to be much larger, but it will also be more detailed.
- The map is made even more immersive with new AI technology that will provide players with terrifying experiences.
If there is anything that the gaming community is never going to complain about, it is the increased size of the maps of their favorite games. While The Forest’s map was a bit on the smaller side, it was still large enough that it took you about 15 minutes to walk across it, and with the sequel’s map being 4 times larger, the whole experience is going to be much more interesting as a result. The map size estimate is related to just surface area, but we are sure that the cave system is going to be better than ever.
To sum up
Alright, that’s all we have to say about this upcoming game and everything it has to offer! As you can see, information is severely limited because practically nothing is known about the game and we are going to make sure to update this with any extra information as it becomes available. Based on the reviews that we’ve seen, Sons of the Forest is gearing up to be one of the biggest game releases of 2023, and we absolutely cannot wait to see where the game goes after release. Anyway, that’s all from us and we sincerely hope that you are happy with what we’ve had to say here and that you have learned something new!
- “Sons of the Forest”. SteamDB, 2023, https://steamdb.info/app/1326470/info/
- “Sons of the Forest tops Steam’s wishlist – and for good reason”. Why Now, 2023, https://whynow.co.uk/read/sons-of-the-forest-tops-steams-wishlist-and-for-good-reason
- “Sons of the Forest kicks Starfield to the curb to become the most wishlisted game on Steam”. VG247, 2023, https://www.vg247.com/sons-of-the-forest-kicks-starfield-to-the-curb-to-become-the-most-wishlisted-game-on-steam
- “Sons of the Forest Delayed to October”. IGN, 2022, https://www.ign.com/articles/sons-of-the-forest-delayed-to-october
- “Sons of the Forest Delayed to February 2023”. IGN, 2022, https://www.ign.com/articles/sons-of-the-forest-delayed-to-february-2023
- “How big is the The Forest map?”. Reddit, 2016, https://www.reddit.com/r/TheForest/comments/48shh1/how_big_is_the_the_forest_map/
- “Sons of the Forest Map Reportedly 4x the Size of the Original Game”. GameRant, 2023, https://gamerant.com/sons-of-the-forest-map-size-4x-bigger/
- “Sons of the Forest Will Now Launch in Early Access to Avoid More Delays”. IGN, 2023, https://www.ign.com/articles/sons-of-the-forest-will-now-launch-in-early-access-to-avoid-more-delays
- “Sons of the Forest is now early access as devs dodge launch delay”. PCGamesN, 2023, https://www.pcgamesn.com/sons-of-the-forest/early-access-steam