One of the most magical moments for any gamer is when games go on sale. AAA titles are world-class games that tend to be quite expensive when they are first released, but certain game retailers will offer those games at very low prices, similar to what Steam does at various points in the year. Likewise, you have platforms such as Humble Bundle, which offer bundles of games for low prices so you can get more content for what you invest in them. Something that Humble Bundle does incredibly well is fund charities through purchases on their platform, so we are going to be displaying some Humble Bundle statistics to see what strides the company has made since it was established in 2010. Likewise, if you want to find out the total esports industry worth, we have information on that for you!
Humble Bundle key stats
In this section, we will look at some key statistics and facts surrounding Humble Bundle, from its financial information to the number of people that enjoy the service regularly. Humble Bundle has millions of users each month and it has had very favorable reviews in the gaming community, so you can be sure that it had made some excellent progress as a company in general.
Humble Bundle makes $23 million a year.
- Its estimated revenue per employee is $202,000.
- Humble Bundle has 114 employees.
- The company grew its employee count by 3% compared to 2021.
This is perhaps the most important line of stats to consider when you want to understand the success of Humble Bundle, and we can see that the annual revenue the company makes is very solid by today’s standards. While it is not in the same league as bigger game retailers like Steam, it is still admirable that they devote such a large portion of their income to charity, and we’ll expand on that in the next few lines of stats.
Humble Bundle has a “pay what you want” system.
(Source: Humble Bundle)
- The platform earns a large portion of its income through donations from customers.
- Users can choose the amount of money that goes to the developer, charity, as well as Humble Bundle itself.
- The platform offers different pricing options for all of its bundles, with most of them starting at $1.
One of the most prominent questions people ask about Humble Bundle is “How does it make money?”. The answer is that it gets most of its revenue through the sliders that come with every purchase that determine which percentage of the total price of a bundle is given to a charity, the developer, and to Humble Bundle itself. Although it seems like a faulty way of making money, Humble Bundle is doing quite well in the industry and turns a fantastic profit each year.
Humble Bundle has raised over $200 million for charity.
- This amount was collected over 11 years.
- It raised $30 million for charity in 2020.
- It raised $8.1 million for COVID-19 charities.
- It raised $4.6 million for racial injustice charities.
Aside from the vast amount of money that Humble Bundle raised with the Stand with Ukraine bundle, this line of stats shows us that Humble Bundle has raised over $200 million from their charity system across the 11 years that the platform has been on the Internet. This is a massive amount of money and we can also see that the platform has been adapting to the needs of charities as the times change, from charities tackling racial issues to COVID relief movements. Problems arise all the time, but it brings everyone a bit of extra comfort knowing that organizations like this exist.
The Stand with Ukraine bundle has raised over $20.7 million.
(Source: Humble Bundle)
- The bundle ran from March 18th to March 25th, 2022.
- 473,945 bundles were sold in that time.
Now we come to the most popular bundle of 2022, the Stand with Ukraine bundle was launched in March 2022 and ran for the entirety of the month where 100% of the proceeds went into supporting the Ukrainian people and their troops. This fact shows us that the gaming industry is not just an industry, but a means for people to support each other in hard times. $20.7 million is by no means a small amount of money and the gaming community donated all of that within one month.
Humble Bundle has over 12 million customers around the globe.
(Source: Humble Bundle)
- The platform has 400,000 monthly subscribers.
- It has sold over 47 million bundles to date.
The “pay what you want” marketing strategy is very attractive for gamers worldwide because no one likes paying full price for a game or a bundle of games, and the appeal of Humble Bundle is quite apparent when you look at the number of customers they have regularly. Humble Bundle also offers a subscription service called Humble Choice, where you can pay $11.99/month to get free games. It has over 400,000 subscribers and is steadily growing so you should look into snagging some awesome games!
Humble Bundle is ranked #23 among similar websites in the United States.
- It is ranked #5,064 globally.
- The site had 11.3 million visits in November 2022.
- It had a 37.45% bounce rate.
- The average time visitors spent on the site was 2:48.
As we can see here, Humble Bundle is not the paragon of game retail sites since it is ranked #23 in its category in the United States, but that doesn’t mean that its value is any less than what we have already mentioned. Other than that, we also see that the site gets millions of visits each month and that users spent a decent amount of time browsing the bundles.
22.09% of Humble Bundle’s traffic came from users in the United States.
- 84.98% of Humble Bundle’s visitors are male.
- 15.02% of visitors are female.
- 32.61% of Humble Bundle’s visitors are between 25 and 34 years old.
- 32.40% of visitors are between 18 and 24 years old.
When it comes to the demographics that create traffic for Humble Bundle, the core audience is definitely male-oriented, which is expected as it is a common occurrence in the gaming industry. The age ranges of Humble Bundle’s users generally prefer the younger generation that is most likely to be interested in doing business on the site, with more than 65% of users being under the game of 34.
To sum up
And there you have it, everything you need to know about Humble Bundle and the services it provides. This platform is a unique outlier in the world of game retailers because it places special emphasis on helping charitable organizations get extra funding and potentially help many people in need. This is a much warmer take on the usual corporate nature of these companies and it is generally a very appealing platform for gamers to get cheaper games. Over the years, Humble Bundle has grossed a massive amount of money for itself and dedicated millions of dollars to various charities, which makes them worthy of the utmost respect.
- “Humble Bundle Revenue and Competitors”. Growjo, 2022, https://growjo.com/company/Humble_Bundle
- “Stand with Ukraine Bundle”. Humble Bundle, 2022, https://www.humblebundle.com/stand-with-ukraine-bundle
- “Thank you! $20+ million raised for Ukraine”. Humble Bundle, 2022, https://blog.humblebundle.com/2022/03/29/thank-you-20-million-raised-for-ukraine/
- “Humble Bundle has raised $200 million for charitable causes”. GamesBeat, 2021, https://venturebeat.com/games/humble-bundle-has-raised-200-million-for-charitable-causes/
- “Humble Monthly now has over 400,000 subscribers”. Game Developer, 2019, https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/humble-monthly-now-has-over-400-000-subscribers
- “What is Humble Bundle?”. Humble Bundle, 2022, https://www.humblebundle.com/about
- “The Humble Bundle Business Model – How Does Humble Bundle Make Money?”. Product Mint, https://productmint.com/humble-bundle-business-model-how-does-humble-bundle-make-money/
- “Pay What You Want and Contribution Sliders”. Humble Bundle, https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/204387088-Pay-What-You-Want-and-Contribution-Sliders
- “Humble Choice”. Humble Bundle, 2022, https://www.humblebundle.com/membership
- “humblebundle.com”. SimilarWeb, 2022, https://www.similarweb.com/website/humblebundle.com/#overview